Before becoming an attorney, Chelsea Miller started out as a family law paralegal and personnel officer in the Army National Guard. In each of these positions, her role was as a guardian of people and their families, ensuring they got the support and guidance they needed to protect their best interests. This experience has made Chelsea not only a fierce family law attorney, but has also given her detailed knowledge of the legal system, which provides a strategic benefit to her clients.
Chelsea knows that any client facing a family law matter is rarely, if ever, dealing with just one issue. She therefore approaches each client’s case from a holistic point of view. Explaining how the process works and making sure her clients understand exactly what is happening is also a priority.
“Even something that could seem simple has many different layers” says Chelsea. “Working with the whole person in mind will address both the legal issues related to their case and the lifestyle issues they are also experiencing. Understanding all of those complexities allows me to provide a higher level of service and better results for my clients.”
Chelsea works with clients in a variety of family law matters, including divorce, child custody and support, modifications, relocation, and military family law. Her military experience gives her depth of knowledge of what can and cannot be accomplished within the military unit, as well as how those regulations interact with family law. She is also an accredited attorney through the Department of Veteran’s Affairs.
Outside of work, Chelsea is an active participant in volunteer legal services in Pierce County and also devotes her time to veteran’s causes. During her downtime, she enjoys reading, staying at home with her dogs, or spending time with friends for a movie marathon.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Central Florida, BA, Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association – Member
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association, Family Law Section and Young Lawyers Section – Member
- Hon. Robert J. Bryan American Inn of Court – Associate Member
- Department of Veteran’s Affairs – Accredited Attorney
- Washington Women Lawyers, Pierce County Chapter – Member
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section – Secretary
- Washington Women Lawyers, Pierce County Chapter – Membership Co-Chair
In The Community
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association – Pro Bono Award
- Pierce County Volunteer Legal Services
- Rally Point 6
- Washington Web Lawyer
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Divorce and Separation
- Domestic Violence
- Military Family Law
- Third Party Custody
- Unmarried Couples
- Speaker, “Show Me the Money-Child Support Calculation Considerations with BAH Changes and How to Use Military Family Support,” WSBA Day of Service Call to Duty, Tacoma, WA, 2017
- Speaker, “Camoflauge and Courtrooms,” TPCBA Family Law Section, 2018